[MLB-WIRELESS] A quality subject! (Previously: Internet Feed offer)

Michael McKinnon MichaelM at zonewerx.com
Wed Jan 16 08:34:43 EST 2002

Yeah! Give these Telstra blokes a break.  Leave that sort of treatment for
Parking Inspectors...

I too, am very interested in this technology, and I'm itching to setup a
node as soon as I've moved house in April.

As someone who deals with Satellite technology (ie. i'm not a total newbie
to wireless stuff), one of the very confusing things is the range of cards
and equipment available for wireless lan.  Everyone seems to have a
different opinion and many of the equipment reviews seem quite subjective.

Is there a definitive "worlds best wireless lan" card (or AP)?  And, what is
the worst?  For the purposes of getting a "middle of the road" in terms of
quality node operational in Melbourne, Is there a recommended setup?

Stay Cool...MJM