[MLB-WIRELESS] Performance..

Glen Brunning bchild at melbwireless.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 15 14:27:07 EST 2002

Lucas Lozo (lucas.lozo at cdt.com.au) wrote*:

>Reading through some of the Threads, what are the real performance
>figures some people have been getting.
>
>11mbit Data what max distance and what attenna?
>
>What are typical rate at 1km, 2km, 3km, etc etc up to about 10km? with
>what hardware?
>
>Has anyone tried using a amplifier?

Hi All,

Okies here is a quick overall performance guide that I have tried out and
quickly put together.

Results
Helical antenna 6dBi - ZoomAir cards (can't remember which 1's) distance - 2-3km's
performance 100k-150k

Yagi Antenna 13dBi - Cisco Aeronet Bridges - distance 6km's - performance 400k

24dBi Parabolic Antenna - Compaq WL200 Cards - Distance 6km's - performace 400k-500k

The distances for anything over 6km's and their performance are not recorded because
I haven't had a chance to do field tests with the required LOS of anything of 6km's.

Though I am getting a move on and have put field testing on hold, until i get my
nodes operational which should be soon i hope..

Glen
Melbourne: Digital and Wireless