[MLB-WIRELESS] Hold off on buying wireless equipment for a fe w months!

James Robertson orlock at central.warehouse.net
Mon Jan 14 14:09:22 EST 2002

Another thing to remember - We are not just buying cards here.
We are alsobuying/making/begging compatible antennae, co-ax, wet string,
etc etc.

How much more expensive, and harder to find is 5Ghz stuff going to be, if
two other (or more) wireless protocols use 2.4Ghz (802.11a and b).. At
least then its just a matter of purchasing 2 new cards+pigtails to upgrade
- 5 Ghz gear will also be a fair bit more expensive, and require more care
and experience to work on.

James