[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Feed offer.

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Mon Jan 14 14:58:41 EST 2002

> My testing with 802.11b stuff show me severe speed
> degredation with distance.
> Perfect Line Of site is ok for 1-2 km at 3-6 m/bit
> Anything more you start getting sub 1 mbit speeds.
> Just not worth the trouble.
> at least with 11a you start with a base rate 5 time
> faster.  Just waiting to get my hands on a access
> point and cards to play with.

not meaning to just be mean, but you must have been doing something wrong...
And it's a myth regarding 5 x base speed - as you need a better signal to
noise (s/n) ratio to get anything above 802.11b speeds anyhow...

Signed,
Steven Haigh

Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down the T1,
over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.

The net will not be what we demand, but what we make it. Build it well.