[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Feed offer.

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Mon Jan 14 14:57:46 EST 2002

>My testing with 802.11b stuff show me severe speed
>degredation with distance.
>Perfect Line Of site is ok for 1-2 km at 3-6 m/bit
>Anything more you start getting sub 1 mbit speeds.
>Just not worth the trouble.

Well, you'll have to elaborate more.  What was the loss of your cabling,
your antenna gains, transmit power and receiver sensitivity.  How good was
the antenna aiming and how clear was the line of sight?  Were there many
objects lying in the Fresnel zone?  How do you know that there wasn't
amateur TV, 2.4GHz cordless phones, microwave ovens and God knows what else
in between adding to your noise floor?  What were the received signal
levels and signal to noise ratio?