[MLB-WIRELESS] Terrain and propagation modelling

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Mon Jan 14 13:19:26 EST 2002

>I'm going to get hold of an old Melways so I can start marking in peoples
>locations and pay a few visits to check out LOS.

I had a fought (sic) at lunchtime.  What software is out there for terrain
modelling and are elevations map files available for Melbourne?  At the ACA
in Canberra a friend used to use software there for modelling TV and FM
station transmission patterns and that used quite detailed elevation data
from all of Australia.  The phone companies will use something like that
too for planning their base stations.