[MLB-WIRELESS] grumpy people - get a move on

Michael Bailey mbailey at enternet.com.au
Sat Jan 12 16:32:41 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:37:36PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 06:46:34PM +1100, Tony Langdon, VK3JED wrote:
> > Or not... Providing Internet access at this stage is to open up a legal can
> > of worms.  I say let's skip it and work on peer services. :)
>
> There's no can of worms - it's just plain illegal.

Can anyone point out the relevant parts of that act that make Internet
access illegal. I'm assuming we're referring to the Telecommunications
Act 1997.

TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT 1997
http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pasteact/2/3021/top.htm

It would be great to have some evidence to refer to. This might prompt
some creative and positive ideas on what can be done.

cheers,

Mike