[MLB-WIRELESS] We need a Newsgroup Server

Geckomail User gfg687472609 at geckomail.org
Fri Jan 11 16:30:28 EST 2002

Why not a mail <--> news gateway? There's plenty of software around to do
it, and that way people who wanted the mailing list could use it, while
people who wanted only to use news could do their thing as well. It would be
the least disruptive solution, as the only people who would have to change
are the people who would want to unsubscribe from the list and just browse
the ng.

One point I'd like to raise is that the transient forms of communication
(IRC, ICQ etc) are probably not such a good idea as it's often valuable to
be able to search list archives etc. years after the fact.

As for a news server: I'm sure somebody knows of one that can host a group.
Failing that, I'm sure we can set one up with a few pieces of string and
bubble-gum :)

Just my $0.02.

Regards,
Andrew