[MLB-WIRELESS] cable internet link, 225q, party

Sam Watkins sam at myinternet.com.au
Fri Jan 11 13:27:53 EST 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 06:51:00PM +1100, Matthew Boyd wrote:
> I don't think anyone will be too willing to share cable either. Maybe
> some private arrangements among individuals but not anything on a large
> scale at least for the time being.

I am living in a co-operative internet lab at 225 Queenberry Street
Carlton (see http://225q.net/ for more info).  We are quietly offering
free internet access, food, accommodation, etc to the public.  Melb.
wireless, computerbank and 225q seem to be on much the same wavelength.
The whole freeware idea is pretty exciting, isn't it?  :)

Anyway...

225q is going to get a Telstra business cable connection, I think we
would be happy to share that link with the melb-wireless network, if
that would be legal.  We will have to implement some limits so that the
bill will not be astronomical :) but this is needed for the lab anyway.

We are having a party tomorrow (saturday) afternoon starting from 4:00pm
at 225q.  Not sure how many people will be here, please come swell the
numbers :)

Sam