[MLB-WIRELESS] Ex-PayTV/Satellite (Galaxy/Chello/Austar) antennas - A comprehensive list? Please add to this... WAS: Galaxy Antennas & the "black box"

Ben Ryan ben at bssc.edu.au
Thu Jan 10 14:57:25 EST 2002

> I have 2 of the same antenna's, also from Geelong.  I've heard someone on the list
> sells replacement down converters that make it work for WLAN for $80.  Check the
> list archives.  I havent bothered with them just yet, I'm still waiting on some cards.
> Let me know how you go.
I think it would help lots of ppl out if we compiled a list of these ex-service
antennas.

Here are the ones I know about.
(plz note AUSTAR was known as CETV)

AUSTAR Black Dish: 10-11ghz(?) satellite downlink, LNB Fed Offset solid dish. Gain @2.4ghz=?? Area:
Central Victoria

AUSTAR/Chello terrestrial White Grid: Appears to be the 2.0-2.3ghz MDS band.  White grid reflector (4, 18, 24db) with
Pacific Monolithics downconvertor. Connected via F plugs and TFC-T10 coax.
These do not have the metal reflector at the end of the LNB as the Galaxy's do.

If you have anyhting to add, please do. I'll post it up on the web with images
when some more info is together.

cheers