[MLB-WIRELESS] bandwidth sharing application

ABBENHUYS, Ryan rabbenhuys at mfbb.vic.gov.au
Thu Jan 10 08:17:35 EST 2002

I reckon if people with cable access are downloading stuff they could dump
it onto an FTP server they are running so that it is available, maybe with a
simple file search facility so that if people are looking to download
something they can have a quick search of that.

I like the idea of a distributed proxy cache thingy.  My ISP, Alphalink
(stop sniggering at the back) is connected to something I believe is called
the Victorian Internet Exchange (VIX http://www.vix.asn.au), it is just
that, a distributed proxy cache thingy that a lot of the smaller Melbourne
based ISP's are connected to to save some money.
This is something that probably wouldn't be that effective for Melbwireless
for quite sometime, but it is definetly a future possibility.