[MLB-WIRELESS] What needs to be done first.

Lucas Lozo lucas.lozo at cdt.com.au
Wed Jan 9 14:36:11 EST 2002

Its all fine talking about we can get a cheap network Card here, and a
cheap cable connector there, and my mate who lives on the otherside of
the black stump has some cheap antennas etc etc etc.

A suggest if some one can organize a "KIT" that incluse all the basic
items, cards, cables, connectors, antenna etc (one for access node,
another kit for client only), do a group buy, you might a reasonable
number of people to commit and get something going.
For a lot of people trying to chase some stupid connector for 5 days is
just plainly a waste of time.
And wether Joe Bloggs has Lan cards for $5 cheaper than a local supplier
with warranty etc is also crap.

I purchased some cheap antenna about 2 months ago when i first started
following the Wireless group, I haven't time to chase the rest of the
items, so the antenna is just sitting on the floor in the office
gathering dust.

We need a "kit form option with all you need items, also a list of Items
needed with known suppliers of those item where you can "readily
purchase" those items.