[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [Oz-ISP] Wireless..... ABC 7:30 report tonight. (fwd)

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Thu Feb 28 10:19:11 EST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:59:58 +1100 (EST)
From: Saliya Wimalaratne <saliya at hinet.net.au>
To: John Simmons <jss at adam.genesis.net.au>
Cc: aussie-isp at aussie.net
Subject: Re: [Oz-ISP] Wireless.....  ABC 7:30 report tonight.

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, John Simmons wrote:

> I had an interesting suggestion put to me recently that a way to avoid
> this third party problem would be for all the people that want to be
> connected form a community group of some sort, so they are then all part
> of 'the one organisation' so that it is no longer third party traffic.

.. up until the traffic leaves the network (i.e. you connect to the
Internet). The 'third party' in this case is the external host.

Yes, we already asked the ACA about this, no we don't have a written
determination, but that was their verbal answer. And they're supposed to
be the ones that know, right ?

Regards,

Saliya

----