[MLB-WIRELESS] Some help and advice needed

wilsonj wilsonj at dodo.net.au
Wed Feb 27 07:53:21 EST 2002

Hi All,

I am investigating the possibility of using wireless LAN to transmit full
frame rate video from my RPV (remote piloted vehicle). Because it is for
business reasons, I can't use an amateur license and transmit via standard
analogue Tx and Rx. But I am allowed to use spread spectrum. The 10mw
allowance without a license is just not enough.

I have found a camera that has an embedded PC running Linux, so all I need
to do is find a WLAN bridge?  that runs between 915-928 at 1 watt, or
2.4-2.463 (not 2.483) at a maximum of 4 watts. Preferably 900 band.

I want to achieve a distance of 5km. The size of the Rx antenna is not
important, but it cannot be a real high gain, as I need a beam width of
around 120degrees. The transmitting anteanna also needs to be kept small,
for obvious reasons. But not internal

Weight is an issue, and so is size. The smaller and lighter the better.

Can anyone offer any help or advice?  I have been looking over the net for
weeks now, at both radio modems and LANs.

Thanks for your help

Regards
Jamie Wilson

PS. I also have a 24db parabolic antenna for sale $100 you pay freight.
Excellent condition, only used to experiment with.