[MLB-WIRELESS] INFO: 0/92 link quality.

korg at darkqueen.org korg at darkqueen.org
Tue Feb 19 23:31:33 EST 2002

Well three cheers for the joys of wireless cards and linux :).
I managed to crank up my node for a while on monday :) and a
friend and I went laptop walking. We didnt get far down the
street, but I dont exactly have even a pringles can :).

So an almost "Hi" to people in the Glen Iris area :).

cheers,
cam

[I also wanted to log this in the archive so other people can
find it, should they hit it too.]

If you hurridly install your Lucent network card and find
that it works but   iwconfig   returns something like:

  eth0      ORiNOCO  ESSID:"hi" Nickname:"dev.null"
            Mode:Ad-Hoc  Channel:11  Sensitivity:1/3
            RTS thr:off
            Encryption key:off
            Link Quality:0/92  Signal level:-102 dBm  Noise level:-102 dBm
            Rx invalid nwid:0  invalid crypt:0  invalid misc:12

Then you should upgrade firmware to actually make it start
to reporting the correct Link quality/signal level/noise level
values.

cheers,
cam

--