[MLB-WIRELESS] kerrazy antenna question

Julian Featherston feather at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 19 14:25:33 EST 2002

Too true, beamwidth will change.
However, the dominant effect is phase shift resulting from a difference
in path length.
When positioned inside the focus, the paths are shorter for beams
reflecting from the centre of the dish.
So if one wants a "widebeam" dish it seams best to go for multiple
(small or offset) feeds.

Jules