[MLB-WIRELESS] Apple 1400 + Wireless card + ethernet card

Clae clae13 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 04:47:18 EST 2002

>Hi Clae,
>
>Michael here - talked at the first meet I believe.

yes i remember the t-shirt :)

>I know from building community wireless networks (book) that the
>Cisco cards which are being talked
>about on melbwireless are quite flat and you can fit two in a slot -
>believe they have MacOS drivers
>too which would help in commissioning - however the list of cards
>supported under linuxpcc does not
>include it - strange.

i don't think it's an exhaustive list.

>I also have a bunch of 7100's (which will only run mklinux)

not so !! : http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/  PPCLinux since June 2000
just how big is a "bunch"?

>PS - do you know anyone playing with the Darwin QuickTime streaming server

no - i've never heard of it, sounds mighty cool

>very excited about MPEG4 streaming - 802.11 community TV / live
>outside broadcast from raves / actions - lots of possibilities

ahhh, now you're talking.... i'm planning to take my little setup out
to the desert this year...

>Good luck with the project - if I can help let me know...

Sure! thanks.

Clae.