[MLB-WIRELESS] Antennas questions

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Mon Feb 18 15:55:23 EST 2002

>I don't know why they do this) they just give dimensions for one or two
>frequencies and don't provide
>the formulae for deriving dimensions for other frequencies.

Heh, well, for antennas I read recently that they are scalable.  So if
there is an antenna design for 1GHz, you halve all the dimensions for it to
work just as well at 2GHz.  Just multiply the dimensions by the frequency
ratio of the design/desired.

>It's mainly all for freq's much lower than ours as well :-(

Yeah, most of that amateur stuff is for long distance work which is HF to
UHF (sub GHz).