[MLB-WIRELESS] Connection with a Macintosh

Wayne Stewart waynestewart at mactobasics.com.au
Mon Feb 18 08:47:34 EST 2002

I would think the best way to do it would be to use an iMac.  The pig tail
should come out of them without too much modification.  You could then use
Apples Airport Software base station software or Sustainable Networks
IPNetRouter (on which it is based) to connect to a LAN.

To actually attach a laptop "permanently" might be a bit more fiddly!

On 17/02/2002 10:34 PM, "Dave Keller" <goose at bay.net.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The airport is located under the keyboard. For the purposes of the testing,
> the keyboard was uncliped and sitting raised. The down side is to use the
> internal card, you are looking at modifying the case some way for the pigtail
> to an external antenna. Although I didn't really take much notice for external
> PCMCIA slots.
>
> Ciao.
> Dave.
>

> Wayne Stewart wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Today I went to Andy Freeman's house today (the leaning tower of Herne Hill)
>> and attached my Apple iBook's airport card to his antenna.
>>

> How did you hook up the pigtail Wayne - I thought the Airport cards were
> installed inside the iBook's
> case ?

cheers,

Wayne

C++ : an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog.
                                             -- Jochen Schneider

 Wayne Stewart BVSc, GradDipComputing  |            Mac to Basics Pty Ltd
    Ph +61 352 503 300                 |             Leopold Pet Hospital
   Fax +61 352 503 525                 |                 2 Christies Road
 email WayneStewart at mactobasics.com.au |                    Leopold, 3224
   WWW http://www.mactobasics.com      |                   VIC  AUSTRALIA