[MLB-WIRELESS] Give me some of that good cable....

darrend at natwide.com.au darrend at natwide.com.au
Fri Feb 15 10:10:51 EST 2002

know the feeling, I'm using short (20cm) tails of RG58 at each end. Doesn't
seem to have a huge impact. I'm getting my hands on some test equipment
this weekend, should be able to give some better info next week.

Darren Dreis
IT Manager
Nationwide Digital Products P/L
Tel 03 9548 9444  Fax 03 9548 9040

                    "Glen
                    Brunning"            To:     melbwireless at wireless.org.au
                    Sent by:             cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Give me some of that
                                         good cable....
                    15/02/2002
                    07:37 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    melbwireless

Geoff, i oringally used some RG58 cable, the results weren't that crash
hot,
100-200m or so.. bout it..

Not Really recommended.

Regards
Glen Brunning
Hardware Tech
Melbourne: Digital & Wireless

Geoff Hammond (ghammond at bigpond.net.au) wrote*:

>All,
>
>(Warning: Potential dumb question coming.)
>
>I'm getting together all my toys to start building a link and ordered some
nice
low loss cable. It's nice and thick, so it must be good :-). But, whilst I
am
playing around and confirming that what I do which passes for research was
not just
another reason to drink beer and search the net, I would like to be able to
take my
toys to a nice flat place and play. For this, I would prefer some cable
that wasn't
so stiff and cumbersome.

>Any suggestions? Would I get laughed out of town if I used some good old
cheapanet
cable (RG58)?

>thanks,
>gah