[MLB-WIRELESS] Networking the Nation?

Andy Freeman Andy.Freeman at kawasaki.kz
Fri Feb 15 00:25:35 EST 2002

Are you guys serious?
You must be joking, right?

If "some government bod" gave a group of "yuppie geeks" in metropolitan
Melbourne a financial grant (that was really destined for remote areas
(read: rural & regional)) so they could play computer games and transfer
files....

How long do you think they would keep their job?

<rant>
Stop looking for the "free cash" and start building a community wireless
network.

Don't mention IP6.

If someone tries to sell a cow on the list, email them OFF LIST.
</rant>

Work on the issues that will make the infrastructure of Melbourne
Wireless great like IP allocation, DNS and routing.  YOU have the
opportunity to help make this a great network, please don't blow it with
bureaucracy and "gold digging".

How many people are linked together now?  Not many eh?  Well get the
foundations down for a network before you look for the "fat grant" or
corporate sponsor.

(I think I turned the rant tag off too early)

Cheers,
               Andy.