[MLB-WIRELESS] Networking the Nation?

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 23:15:51 EST 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:42:29PM +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:
> http://www.dcita.gov.au/nsapi-graphics/?MIval=dca_dispdoc&pathid=%2fpolicy%2
> frtif%2ff%5fvictoria%2ehtml
>
> Someone dig up some info on this? maybe we can get a slice of the pie to
> start off with a good go?

As a SysAdmin who was involved in a company/organisation, who
applied for funding from "Networking the Nation", succeded and
developed and deployed the network ... I would suggest that its a
lot of work to apply and would mention that I seems to me that the
whole point of "Networking the Nation" is to take money from the
sale of Telstra and give it back to Telstra by leasing lines from
them.

This is my own opinion and is not necessarily the views of the
company that I was employed by.

So, applying to "Networking the Nation" for funds to setup wireless
networks would not be on topic and prolly fail. I centainly do'n't
intend this to be a downer, but I'd rather not waste anyones time
and effort on it.

> The Internet was designed by the American Military back in the late 60's. It
> was designed to be a decentralised information delivery system so that in
> the event of a nuclear attack, American Military leaders would still have
> access to pornography.

yours,

Kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|