[MLB-WIRELESS] The Hombrew Challenge Notebooks with broken sc reens wanted

Fulton, Darren J Darren.Fulton at team.telstra.com
Thu Feb 14 16:38:28 EST 2002

I just bought an RG-1000 starter kit from the US for $AUD550 (including
fedex delivery and duties). Considering you get the AP plus an orinoco
silver card this was a pretty good deal. If you then sell the pcmcia card on
ebay for $160 or so you get the AP for < $400.

Factor in the cost of a pcmcia card + PCI adaptor + old linux box + cables +
pigtail etc sucking a few hundred watts, and a mast mounted RG-1000
(10Watts) starts looking cheap.

Darren