[MLB-WIRELESS] HARDWARE INFO --> Geforce 4's available & for sale!

ABBENHUYS, Ryan rabbenhuys at mfbb.vic.gov.au
Thu Feb 14 15:23:54 EST 2002

Anthony you do realise you are digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole
with all of these very bold statements.  I can sense there are a lot of
people itching to disagree with you including myself.

If your friends managed to buy dodgy hardware and then not find the
origional seller then they sound like they are not the sort of people who
should actually be buying computer peripherals at such a place.  There are
several simple steps to take when purchasing equipment from swapmeets which
include: obtaining a business card or at least a contact name and phone
number on the reciept. And also asking for their warranty period to be
written on the receipt.

As for your statement about buy Australian what exactly are you meaning??
These people ARE Australian.  Are you suggesting they are not Australian
because the majority are from Asian decent??

And I'm sure computer business's are not goign out of business because of
swapmeets.  The only people who buy from swapmeets are people who know about
PC's and know that they can get the best price and do it themselves there.
The majority of the population don't know how to piece together hardware and
will go to a store that puts it together for them.  If computer retails with
shopfronts go out of business it's surely for other reasons.  I happen to
know that a lot of the swapmeet storeholders also run computer shops during
weekdays as well and use the Sunday swapmeets for extra income.