[MLB-WIRELESS] I'm compiling a list, antennas and retailers

Will Lotto lotto at impulse.net.au
Wed Feb 13 18:43:41 EST 2002

With the amount of traffic on this list atm because of the "IP address
range for Geelong?" thread, I thought it'd be a good time to add a bit
more to the list which, on any other day, may be regarded as spam :)

I'm trying to compile a list of good retailers, and of known antenna
types, and how to convert them.

I'll post a URL when I've got some content (sure, it's a sucker for
wiki, but why resist the urge to reinvent the wheel); but at the
moment I'm after suggestions for retailers, national and
international; which would be of interest to other wireless users.

ie.
Cheap people who sell cable, connectors, antennas, APs, cards etc.

Also, I'd like to get photos and basic instructions for converting
ex-comercial equiptment (austar, foxtel, galexy, chello dishes) for
use on the 2.4ghz range.
I can get everything I need for the chello dishes, but not all the
others.

Feel free to reply off the list, keep some of the spam down at least
:)

.. also, if there's anything aditional that u recon' isn't covered by
the 'main' wireless sites, which would be appropriate for hosting, I'm
open to suggestions.

Will.

---
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759