APANA (Was: Re: Operational DNS? Was :Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?)

Mark Dorset mark.dorset at sun.com
Wed Feb 13 10:38:35 EST 2002

Hi Adrian,

> APANA offers organisational memberships.  So if MLB-WIRELESS joins APANA,
> members of MLB-WIRELESS could be deemed APANA members.  This might be a
> really good reason for us to get our act together and incorporate as some
> kind of association (a la footy club, for example - apparently not too
> onerous to administer).

Don't start me on APANA. If there's a case study in how not to setup and run a
public network, that's it - at least in the early years up to '95. Full of
politics and shonky dealings to provide personal benefit to the committee
members rather than the stated aims of the org overall.

My (little) voice says stay well clear of APANA.

regards,
Mark