[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

Luke Schapel lschapel at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 12 21:10:31 EST 2002

It does not matter what ip address is allocated, just make sure
no one has the same! 10.x.x.x 192.168.x.x Who cares?

If you give nodes a full class C range, it is surely enough
to meet all needs. Subnet if that node requires it. Don't be
concerned that this address might be used by Joe Bloggs in his
private network (LAN). Allocate address ranges (/24) as the nodes
become operational (10.1.1.x 10.1.2.x etc), from your node database.

It doesn't matter if Geelong and Melbourne create a link, as the
network addresses will be unique, routing is easy.

Luke