[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 12 16:42:42 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Andrew Tiltman wrote:

> Could always number all the melbourne suburbs in groups.
> 10.mel.suburb.node.

I think it would be wise to allow for more than a single address per node:

* Many people will want more than one machine at their location.

* We need to allow for unique numbering of interfaces on a given bit of
node hardware.

I might wind up with two separate point-to-point links on different
hardware interfaces (WNICs), each link needing at least a /30 worth of
address space (network, local IP, remote IP, broadcast).

I'll probably also want another range to provide local access with say an
AP and an ommni.

<POUT>
It doesn't hurt to talk about this stuff now, but at the moment we don't
have ANY working, permanent links (to my knowledge).

Build network, people!
</POUT>

Adrian.