[MLB-WIRELESS] Wap11 hack

Barry Park bpark at theage.fairfax.com.au
Wed Feb 6 21:18:39 EST 2002

Heh. Bad news for anyone who's thinking of increasing the power output
of a Wap11 device from 30mW to about 100mW. It don't work.
 From the report:

"WAP11 100mW output is pretty dirty under a spectrum
analyzer.  We are seeing the signal double in bandwidth (from about 22MHz
to 44MHz) and extra spurs/harmonics 80-100MHz off carrier with 1/2-1/4 the
power of the center carrier (more testing to be done on specifics).
Avoid dedicated operation, use of amplifiers, and high gain antennas when
testing.  This can anger our ham and MMDS friends to the left and right of
us."

<http://www.maokhian.com/wireless/wap11.html>
- Barry

This email and any files transmitted with it may be legally privileged
and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you
have received this email in error, please notify us by return email and
permanently delete the document.