[MLB-WIRELESS] Newsgroup

lschapel at bigpond.com lschapel at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 4 20:58:08 EST 2002

There has been a fair bit of discussion about this.
For me email works well, given that filters allow me to manage upwards
of 80 emails a day. The delete button works well, my only crit is that
the subject gets a bit obscured with Re:Re:Re:Thing. Iwill not bother with nntp.
Thanks for the thought though :)

Luke Schapel

Mitch Denny wrote:

> Genesis,
>
> The responses that you have gotten so far weren't particularly
> descriptive. The resistence that I have (and I assume many
> others) have to newsgroups is that they aren't a passive
> medium. Its much more convenient to have the e-mails come
> to you (wherever you are) than having to log onto a nntp
> server and attempt to track the threads.
>
> Personally, I have a huge investment my mail-client and
> whenever I have tried to engage in newsgroups in any
> meaningful way it has always been painful.

> - Mitch Denny
> - mitch.denny at warbyte.com
> - +61 (414) 610-141
> -