[MLB-WIRELESS] Dandenong Foothills?

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Tue Dec 31 08:56:07 EST 2002

Just an update on Wantirna-AP1 as of the final day of 2002.

PCMCIA problems with HostAP all fixed with an upgrade to kernel 2.4.20 (box
was locking up often).
As a result the box is now up again **24/7**.

Currently serving a dodgy webpage with the status of various services that
are setup or being setup.  Once I work out how to setup some mirrors of a few
popular websites I'll mirror them on there too.
An IRC server is setup and running and I'll be working with the Haig-meister
to setup a (mostly) permenant link with irc.wireless.org.au.
FTP is setup but anonymous logins and some files to leech are not setup yet.
There is a dedicated Unreal Tournament (the original) Server running a
deathmatch server.  I have a few other game servers I'm toying with, I'll
have to see how much the box can handle though and pick a couple. Other
servers include Counter Strike, Neverwinter Nights, Zdoom, and BF1942

DHCP is offering IP's however I am looking at implementing MAC address based
restrictions on HostAP so anyone wanting to connect or thinking they may want
to stumble past at some stage will have to provide a MAC address. (I know
some of you might frown on this, but stuff you, it's for a little security)

Backbone links are offline.....I need help with Zebra/OSPF!!

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 00:06:49 +1100, wireless wrote