[MLB-WIRELESS] is this useble for us?

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Wed Dec 18 10:19:38 EST 2002

Paul said:

>does solaris 7 support wireless cards?

As far as I know it doesn't natively. I've asked around and no one here
things it does.

Just did a quick search on google and the only things I could find for
solaris wireless wise were :
Wireless authentication : as in using a solaris machine to authenticate
uses (coming in via another machine with the wireless cards).
A few java wireless relates articles.

It *might* be possible to get one of those pcmcia cradles working under
solaris (if your got something like a sparc 10+ with pci etc).
But I doubt you'd get cards working as I havn't seen any drivers relased
for the wireless that could work.

Would a compile on a sparc system of some open source drivers work?

Lucas