[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 15/12/2002

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Mon Dec 16 11:31:41 EST 2002

Hey Fenn,

to make it really clear, and even help users locate stuff, howabout a link on
the TIB page to the wiki hardware or trade page(s), or anywhere else on the
site people can put stuff not relevent for bulk buys.  Eg. commercial
vendors. etc.

seems to me we have
bulk buys [1]
sales of less than 5 items
trade
advertisements of off-site auctions e.g. ebay
commercial ads

I say we have the structure in place to deal with this already.  bulk buys on
the TIB, everything else on the wiki hardware trade pages.

[1] I am not sure how people feel about bulk buys put up by commercial firms
(big or small). Personally I say let it rip.  If it is genuine value it will
be fine and should meet the aims of the site...

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:09 am, Fenn Bailey wrote:
> > or just put something in the bulk page formatting forcing you
> > to put in more
> > than one, or if you just put say between 1-5 a page comes up saying
> > "this does not constitute a bulk buy. please add a wiki page under
> > ~wiki/trade or something"
> >
> > just a thought
>
> hehhe.. you may, in fact, have mind reading powers - that's exactly what
> it does.
>
> :)
>
> 	Fenn.

Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
caia.swin.edu.au
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?