[MLB-WIRELESS] D-Link DWL-1000 AP + 2.4GHz 8dBi Omni-directional Antenna

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Mon Dec 16 10:10:55 EST 2002

| Hello !
| I was wondering if somebody can help me out. I currently have a D-
| Link 1000AP - ( http://www.pcconnection.com/scripts/productdetail.asp?
| product_id=239456 ) and a superpass 2.4GHz 8dBi Omni-directional Antenna -
(
| http://www.superpass.com/SPDG16O.html ) . Its been on the drawing board
for a
| few months now, but really haven't had the time to investigate until now.
|
| How do I go about attaching the antenna to the d-link ap , also I
preferably
| like to get a coverage of at least 1km radius, is this possible , if not
what
| extra equipment will I need , and importantly where abouts can I buy this
| equipment :)
|
| Thanks :)

Hey,

www.austwireless.com

9006 Coax
- Length 01m
- End 1 Termination SMA-RG (suit DLink)
- End 2 Termination N Type Male $3.99

With however many meters of 9006 as you need, however I'd reccomend if you
needed more than 3 M of cable, you got a 1M length of 9006, then however
many M's of CNT-400 with NType Male one end, NType female the other.

As for 1KM radius? Should be no worries if theres a cantenna or something on
the other end.

I got a Cisco BR340 in AP mode and a Cisco 12dBi omni and I can get useable
signal from 800M away with just a cabletron card, and very useable link from
~ 6-8k's away with galaxies/cantennas etc etc. (all all but LOS)

Good luck!