[MLB-WIRELESS] ucLinux on D-Link "router" box

staskh staskh at attbi.com
Sun Dec 15 19:24:06 EST 2002

Gentlemen,

As follow up to our discussion about feasibility to use non-x86 AP for
OpenAp project, I had played with D-Link DI-604 "broadband router" hardware.
Ongoing information could be found at
http://home.attbi.com/~staskh/projects/di_604/

To make a long story short - I am (almost) sure that it is possible to
deploy and debug OpenAp and another Linux application on D-Link hardware
(wireless DI-614 have to be very similar to wireline DI-604). Certainly, it
is not a trivial task, but I am sure - doable. I think that I already find
easily accessible JTAG connector. Plus, possibly, I find some funny terminal
connection. If my assumptions are right, it will be a way to debug this
hardware and port ucLinux , uCOS or whatever you like.

Major show-stopper for now is a ADM5106 (CX84200 ) chip documentation. If
you have it - please share!!!

Please let me know if this direction is interesting for you.

Regards
Stas