[MLB-WIRELESS] Channel management

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Sat Dec 14 11:00:55 EST 2002

Hello David,

DA> if i have a wired network with a bunch of APs on it, spread across an
DA> office, i thought the recommended configuration was to use a bunch of
DA> channels and to overlap the coverage areas to ensure smooth handover
DA> between the APs as you move about?

DA> the proprietary software involved is the protocol used between the APs
DA> to do the handover.  there is an open protocol currently under
DA> standardisation within the IEEE to address this lack ...

The only issue I knew of was if they were on different subnets, in
which case a network the size of a city, is really going to cause
issues, and no Mobile IP won't help... especially in this context
where you have a lot of mixed networking happening, and don't have
consistency across the entire network, very few meshable protocols are
going to work at all, either they are too noisy so you waste bandwidth
on them, aren't implemented correctly or simply aren't suited as first
thought...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

NO CARRIER? How About 2 Frigates And A Submarine?