[MLB-WIRELESS] Cheap GPS

Steven Haigh netwiz at optusnet.com.au
Sat Dec 14 02:01:58 EST 2002

does anyone know the procedure for hooking one of these beasties to a COM
port?

or can you just use the 5V logic output on the GPS unit? even though it's a
TTL output?

I'm guessing that would be fine on the GPS output to the PC, but I believe
the output from the PC to the GPS unit would have to be altered to make it
TTL.... as the RX characteristics of a COM port will accept TTL input (most
of them) but the output to the GPS unit would be - well, interesting....

Signed,
Steven Haigh
http://wireless.org.au
(Visit https://wireless.org.au to install our Root Certificate.)