[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 11/1 2/2002

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Thu Dec 12 18:19:52 EST 2002

Hello Barry,

BP> I can understand amping a directional antenna with a narrow signal spread,
BP> but what happens if someone amps up an omni, especially as the density of
BP> the mesh around the omni increases?
BP> Won't the amped antenna be a PITA for everyone else?
BP> - Barry

Most directional links, unless they are panels, border on the legal
limit usually...

24dBi dish + 20dBm cisco (or worst 500mW, 27dBm demarco) = 44dBm,
10m of LMR/CNT400 has 3dBm loss (+1 dBm loss in connectors) and the
more cable you run the more loss on inbound signal you'll receive as
well...

Ideal link = 30dBi dish, 5dBm card with ~-89dBm RX and as short as
possible cable run, will give u the most efficient long range link
possible while still being legal, and least disruptive to others...

It's a public playground and the whole idea is to not be road hogs...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com