[MLB-WIRELESS] Fwd: Feds Label Wi-Fi a Terrorist Tool...

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Thu Dec 12 17:15:30 EST 2002

Might as well forward my post to this list as well...

This is a forwarded message
From: evilbunny <evilbunny at sydneywireless.com>
To: Bob Harman <hwug-general at freenetworks.org>
Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2002, 6:03:10 AM
Subject: [Hwug-general] Feds see Wi-Fi as terrorist tool

Hello Bob,

BH> More fuel for the flames:

BH> http://www.wired.com/news/wireless/0,1382,56742,00.html

Notes to pay attention to, said terrorist, buy stolen mobile phone,
not likely to be able to trace easily, said terrorist buy prepaid
sims, said terrorist walk into dodgy cafe, use pay phone or any other
billion ways of "getting onto the network"

said terrorist take tanker full of diesel and fertiliser in CBD of
any city anywhere, do massive amount of damage, zero amount of being
detected... cyber terrorism is a load of horse sh!t I'm sorry, but how
many people lately have been killed due to it really?

Well unless you count the FBI agent head of the FBI unit in charge of
cyber security, killed by the snipper running round last month, that
single bullet did more then 100 or 1000 "cyber terrorists" could ever
do... It was real world damage that could be easily measured in the
loss of man power... How many cyber crimes are so easily accounted
for?

Then of course the most crippling thing to happen to the net in the
last few years is due to security issues with microsoft products, I
love you and melissa viruses, not to mention all the zombies floating
about that can be activated anywhere world wide to virtually take
down any network anywhere...

As the other guy says in the paste below, it's self serving the
interests of those that fear competition...

Maybe it's just us Aussies that are so critical of our government that
they can't go pulling this crap and us blindly accepting it as truth...
Time to wake up before whatever protections your constitution had,
are all gone, I mean already people are being arrested and can be held
indefinitely without a trial, for doing the smallest things, these
are abuses of your rights as a human, with talk of allowing torture as
a valid means to gather evidence! my gawd, when did Hitler become US
president....!!!!!!! Everything I see including the stupid idea of
citizens spying on citizens only leads me to 1 conclusion... "It's the
end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..."

The following post was sent to a local mailing list... Summed things
up a little better then I could...

--

This is a forwarded message