[MLB-WIRELESS] helium balloons anyone?

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Thu Dec 12 16:21:24 EST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Adrian Close wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Rowan Crowe wrote:
>
> > I wonder if an AP attached to several helium balloons (and tethered to the
> > ground) would work for temporary setups, eg field days. I guess the weight
> > of the cable to the ground would be significant...
>
> So run a wireless hop up to the AP on the balloon...  ;)

How do you propose to keep the balloon relatively still in the x, y and z
axis? Rocket thrusters? ;)

Cheers.

PS. I already run my AP 'untethered' as I haven't set up a dedicated
machine (or at least ethernet interface) to connect it to. For normal
day-to-day things I don't even notice that there are two wireless hops
required to do anything useful.

--
Rowan Crowe - Melbourne, Australia
www.camrecord.com  www.camdiscover.com  www.heyasl.com  www.sensationbot.com