[MLB-WIRELESS] helium balloons anyone?

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Thu Dec 12 15:35:45 EST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, evilbunny wrote:

> Hello melbwireless,
>
>   I think people have kidded about launching helium balloons before,
>   but apparently someone took notice :)
>
>   http://www.sydneywireless.com/article.php?sid=537

This one is definitely better than a business plan I saw a while ago - a
company who were going to fly (standard) aircraft in circles 24/7 to
provide wireless connectivity. ;)

I wonder if an AP attached to several helium balloons (and tethered to the
ground) would work for temporary setups, eg field days. I guess the weight
of the cable to the ground would be significant...

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe - Melbourne, Australia
www.camrecord.com  www.camdiscover.com  www.heyasl.com  www.sensationbot.com