[MLB-WIRELESS] Help! Me set up Hoppers first active Node!

Robert Foster rfoster at mountainvisions.com.au
Mon Dec 9 16:13:48 EST 2002

Hi All,
After about.. Oh, ages, I'm finally getting into gear to set up Hoppers
Crossing's first Active node.  Here's what I need to do:

 - Get an appropriate antenna (I have an ex-Galaxy antenna in the shed
that needs mod'ing, but would also like to get an omni.)
 - Put it (them) on the roof (2 storey house, tile roof, etc.).
 - Set up an appropriate AP.  - suggestions welcome.

I'm going to need a lot of help with this; money, whilst not growing on
trees, isn't too big an issue at the moment, and I'm willing to spend
within reason.  I'm looking for any suggestions from anybody, including
the best way to connect to the nearest active node (somewhere over the
bay???), although that may not be possible just yet.

If anyone can volunteer time to help get this project done, I'll put on
an Antenna raising/AP building party with BBQ etc.  Actually, might be a
good way to get the neighbours interested in this if we hold a public
demo on the street!

Once this one is set up, I'll be looking at setting another one up in
Sunshine.

Cheers,

Node ACG

Robert Foster
Mountain Visions P/L
Australia.
rfoster at mountainvisions.com.au
http://mountainvisions.com.au/

Supporter & Contributor - Computing in Silence