[MLB-WIRELESS] Killer wireless cards...

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Mon Dec 9 12:12:14 EST 2002

> I had this problem in XP with a dead roamabout card (and
> richo adapter),
> you might try confirming that the card actually works (in a
> laptop), and
> that there are no bent pins in the cradle..

Hmmm, both you and Shane C have mentioned this with dead cards. I have
tried two cards and they both behave the same way, but it's possible
that I'm quietly killing cards without realising - If this is the case,
I'll need to change the subject of this thread from "Killer wireless
cards" to "Wireless card killer" ;). I will confirm that the cards still
work tonight (in another machine).

I guess there's also the possibility that the cradle is dead, but the
fact that the cards appear to work just fine with the win2k standard
drivers (though it's hard to tell as the drivers are so terrible) tends
to make me think that this is not the case.

Thanks everyone so far for the reply,

	Fenn.