[MLB-WIRELESS] Killer wireless cards...

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Thu Dec 5 15:51:02 EST 2002

hmm ... i re-read the book and still can't figure out how this would have
helped the win2k "stopped" system problem.

Its not a compaq machine. HW was installed before sw.

Lucas

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           paul van den bergen    |
|         |           <pvandenbergen at swin.edu|
|         |           .au>                   |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           owner-melbwireless at wire|
|         |           less.org.au            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           05/12/2002 09:37 AM    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                            |
  |        To:      melbwireless <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>                                                                |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                 |
  |        Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Killer wireless cards...                                                                |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

there is a fine manual. I have one here.
(this is for the PCD-RP-101CE)

it is mostly stuff you'd expect. Turn off machine before inserting card
into
PCI slot, this is what it looks like in windows, etc.

there is a pick slip in the front of the fine manual. It says (some
paraphrasing);

Release Note
pccard drive PCD-RP-series
troubleshooting
compaq Deskpro EN series
Problem:
system freezes while booting up after installing the PC Card drive in the
computer.
Solution:
go to www.compaq.com
download latest ROMPaq ROM Image (v2.11 or later)
follow compaqs instructions and update the BIOS.
this will solve the problems

looking through the manual, there are some minor points people might like
see, such as install the HW before the software under windows (but we all
knew windows was flaky like this, didn't we?    right?)

If there is sufficient demand I will scan a copy this w/e.  anyone who did
not
recieve a copy of the manual and who wants an electronic copy let me know.
if there are more than say 5 people i will do it....

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?