[MLB-WIRELESS] Killer wireless cards...

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Thu Dec 5 09:37:24 EST 2002

there is a fine manual. I have one here.
(this is for the PCD-RP-101CE)

it is mostly stuff you'd expect. Turn off machine before inserting card into
PCI slot, this is what it looks like in windows, etc.

there is a pick slip in the front of the fine manual. It says (some
paraphrasing);

Release Note
pccard drive PCD-RP-series
troubleshooting
compaq Deskpro EN series
Problem:
system freezes while booting up after installing the PC Card drive in the
computer.
Solution:
go to www.compaq.com
download latest ROMPaq ROM Image (v2.11 or later)
follow compaqs instructions and update the BIOS.
this will solve the problems

looking through the manual, there are some minor points people might like to
see, such as install the HW before the software under windows (but we all
knew windows was flaky like this, didn't we?    right?)

If there is sufficient demand I will scan a copy this w/e.  anyone who did not
recieve a copy of the manual and who wants an electronic copy let me know.
if there are more than say 5 people i will do it....

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?