[MLB-WIRELESS] Obtaining longitude and latitude from Melway maps (instructions)

Simon Butcher pickle at alien.net.au
Mon Dec 2 15:42:58 EST 2002

Hi :)

Perhaps the ability to convert AMG should be a feature of LocFinder?

Someone out there might also be interested to know that you can obtain
co-ordinates via
http://maps.ogdc.vic.gov.au/engine/sdmb/PLAIN_MAP.main_page?udsview=4 --
the system seems rather temperamental, as AFAIK they're ditching the
system in favour of http://www.land.vic.gov.au/map/index.html. To find
your co-ordinates, select the 'W' radio button and click on the map.
This was how I obtained my co-ordinates.

Cheers,

 - Simon

20the%20Network>.

At a later time, I will add instructions for converting long. and lat.
to AMG easting and northing coordinates so that you can plot the
location of nodes near you onto a Melway map.  Then I will include
instructions for determining the bearing from your location to another
node in order to aim directional antennae.

Hope all this is of use to someone!  8^)

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
    User documentation and technical writing