[MLB-WIRELESS] names of creeks

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Dec 2 09:30:45 EST 2002

> The one on the left appears to be the Moonee Ponds
> Creek, it travels along the Tulla Freeway ( or
> whatever it is called today). Just a big concrete
> drain.

Umm, but the Tulls is east of that blue line.  In fact, the Tulla lies right
on the boundary between the two areas (I know this end of town very well -
can even recognise it from the air).  The "triangle" of roads near the
middle of the left "nameless" region is the intersection between the Tulla
(where it runs west of Essendon Airport), the Calder (running east-west) and
the Western Ring Road (the one sloping NE-SW).  Follow the Calder and Tulla
back towards the city, and they converg into the Tulla Freeway.  Further
east, the freeway turns to the south.  This is where it picks up the Moonee
Ponds Creek.

And as for the river running through the middle of the area?  That's the
Maribyrnong.  The names of the suburbs are actually in the wrong place on
the map.  Where it says "Essendon", is actually West Essendon and Avondale
Heights.  "Glenbervie" is printed across East Keilor, Niddrie and Nth
Essendon.   And Niddrie is in Keilor Park, totally the wrong side of the
Freeway! :-)

Pay no attention to the names, they're all screwed up... :-)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain