[MLB-WIRELESS] Netgear Airport fault mystery

paterson at tassie.net.au paterson at tassie.net.au
Fri Aug 30 16:25:55 EST 2002

I have been using my powerbook with airport card and the Netgear MR311 for
months without incident.

But then my closed powerbook was knocked off a coffee table onto the floor. All
seemed well, except Airport could no longer detect the Netgear.

I opened the case to inspect, reinserted the Airport card, without success.

But then I plugged my spare WAP11 access point into the Netgear, and Airport
picked up the signal and seems to be working well.

I have two hypotheses, maybe others can tell me how to test them out or offer
other explanations:

1) The Airport card or connection was damaged so can't detect the Netgear, but
can still pick up the stronger 100mw signal of the WAP11.

2) The Netgear developed its own fault coincidental to my powerbook's accident.

Regards,

This message was sent using Tas Access WebMail.
http://webmail.tassie.net.au/