[MLB-WIRELESS] Regional Groups

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 28 10:25:10 EST 2002

At 07:31 AM 28/08/2002 +1000, Clae wrote:

>At 4:57 PM +1000 27/8/02, Ryan Abbenhuys wrote:
>>You can Divide up Melbourne into 1000's of different regional groups if
>>you took
>>into account all of the hills around Melbourne.  Tyson and I discussed this
>>and decided to try and use the main ones around Melbourne.  If a RG finds
>>later
>>that it really does need to be split in two and the two groups will not
>>be linking
>>together for many many years then maybe it would be a good idea to stick in
>>another border and split the group.
>
>So is this some kind of argument for not taking people's suggestions into
>account?  I think people know where they live.

Agreed Clae, I think we should have a lot of input from the general users
on regional issues.  Those that live there are those who have to deal with
the terrain, and there are a few of us who do have some RF knowledge of
certain areas (like the inner NW hole, where it can be tough getting much out).

73 de Tony, VK3JED
http://vk3jed.vk.irlp.net