[MLB-WIRELESS] Regional Groups

tyson at www.wireless.org.au tyson at www.wireless.org.au
Mon Aug 26 20:53:46 EST 2002

Hey all,

As mentioned at the last meeting, I've drafted up some rough regional group (RG)
boundaries.  These by no means govern which RG you should join, they are simply a
helpful guide as to which RG may be best to get involved with.  I've taken an
educated guess as to where the major ridgelines are that divide Melbourne, based on
topographic features.  If there are people with better local knowledge that can
point out any major faults with these proposed boundaries, then please do so.  Some
areas have no names, others are poorly named - feel free to suggest names for your
region.

These boundaries are only a guide, obviously if the map shows you to be in one
region but you have better line of sight to nodes in another region, then use some
common sense and select the best RG to become involved with.  People on the top of
hills or ridges may want to get involved with multiple groups in order to assist
with inter-RG connectivity.

The proposed boundaries can be viewed at:
http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/go/?RGBoundaries

Regards,
Tyson with assistance from Ryan (Sneeze).